Thursday, August 20, 2009

More birthday pictures









I had been meaning to make Jonah a hat for his birthday but forgot about it until about 15 minutes before he woke up from his nap. So I guessed at the measurements and the result was that pharaoh looking thing. There were many breaks while opening presents to play. He is still having fun playing with all his new toys. Grandma J flew home this morning and Matt started his emergency medicine rotation tonight. I'm tempted to eat the last piece of cake and watch the Top Chef that Matt and I were going to watch together. We got a call from Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds in Maine. I'm jealous of their lobster eating and antique store shopping. I don't know when Matt and I will take a vacation. Of course, we'll be coming home in October and it will be wonderful to see everyone but we already have a long list of people to visit so there will not be much relaxing like a real vacation. When Matt is done with fellowship we want to take a big vacation. So that is something to look forward to...in 5 or 6 years. Here is a picture of the birthday banner I made for Jonah. As a bonus you get to see my lovely, tiny apartment kitchen. The other side of the banner says Jonah Thomas and will hang on the wall in his room. It took many hours many nights when Jonah was in bed. But now he can use it for every birthday. I'll take a picture of it when I eventually hang it in Jonah's room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kim the banner and hat are so wonderful and your kitchen is so neat. I am jealous We are having some thunder storms the last few days and this morning it is cool. Of course when these happen we lose dish network and also internet . I love pictures of you all. Keep them coming. Great Grandma Louise