Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Being Brave


Jonah hanging out with his dog from Aunt Barb.


I took Jonah for his flu shot today and he didn't even flinch. He was in such a good mood despite singing through his morning nap that we even ventured to the store to pick up a few things. I try to only go once a week or week and a half but it seems that we're always out of something. Today it was eggs. Jonah is now eating eggs and Matt wanted eggs for dinner a few days ago so that explains where they went. We also blew through an entire bag of apples in like 3 days. I have to keep them hidden because if Jonah sees an apple he has to have it. This makes shopping in the produce section hard.

Matt was on call yesterday so he came home and slept for a few hours and just left to take Caleb to the vet. He is doing really well off his steroid. He'll never be without stiffness in his joints but to be pain free is our goal. I was originally going to take him but rescheduled because I couldn't imagine how I would hold Jonah and control the 50 lbs of disobedience that is Caleb.

Have I mentioned that I love fall? It is marvelous! One of my favorite things is the clothes. I wore my beautiful JCrew boots that I've had for like 5 years and have only worn maybe 4 times. I decided that it is a shame not to wear them even if they get scuffed. I usually wear them with skirts but today I paired them with jeans. Now I just need to locate our boxes of winter clothes because it was hard finding something warm to wear today. Can you believe we'll be home in 26 days?! I can't wait to see everyone. I feel like we're missing out on so many things with our families. From Grandpa in the hospital and Nate's pool party to Meg's new house, we're thinking about you!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't wait to see you guys!! I'm counting down the days and I think a trip to Curtis Orchard is a necessity! Especially for the apple-lovin' lil boy! :)