Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waiting


I don't know who is happier, Matt when he sees Jonah or Jonah when he sees Matt.

Matt was on call Friday which means he came home Saturday afternoon and then had to go in this morning to round. We're supposed to go to the zoo but he keeps getting more consults and having patients crash so we're still waiting on him to come home. Next weekend he has the entire weekend off for the first time in a very, very long time but we're dog sitting so we won't be able to go anywhere. I guess we'll be entertained by the circus in our living room.

Jonah's Halloween costume is coming along. The pattern I used for the body says size 1-2. It is definitely closer to size 2. I made the legs shorter but he is still swimming in it. Hopefully he'll go through a growth spurt in the next month. He has gained 3 lbs in the last month. Now we're just waiting on him to get taller. I have pictures of him in the costume but I'll wait until it is completely finished before posting. I hope it will be cold in Illinois because his costume is made out of fleece. I've tried not to think about what I'm missing this weekend at home. It would have been a great weekend with Abby's first birthday party and the Apple n' Pork festival. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that we were at the hospital meeting Abigail for the first time and taking Jonah to his first AnP. Mmm, an apple cider float sounds yummy.

No comments: