Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All the details

For those of you who watch Little People, Big World I'm sure you're dying to know the details of our trip to Roloff Farms last weekend. I was surprised at how close it is to Portland. I always knew it was near but it is a really short drive outside the city. Although their property is very rural, they have quite a few close neighbors and the house is at the front of their property. Upon arriving we parked (which seemed well organized) and saw the Roloff's friend whose name I can't remember but whose wife's name is Amy in the cherry picker (don't know the real name for it) monitoring parking. As I was leaving the restroom Matt repeatedly told me to look to my left. I tried to shush him because I wasn't going to be one of those people. He had seen Zack but I thought he was trying to direct my attention to Jeremy who was standing 5 feet away. I didn't take any pictures because I thought that was a little lame. Jeremy is absolutely adorable in person too. Those are the only two family member we saw. We didn't go on a tour because the wait in line was 1 1/2 hours long and there was no way Jonah could do that. They had pony rides which we watched and a petting zoo which wasn't so great. An animal rescue group there had a lion cub. A camera crew walked by us excited to go see the lion. We spent a lot of time letting Jonah crawl around in the field since he had been in the car for so long. We picked our pumpkin and then headed home. We would definitely like to go back sometime and take a wagon tour. We'll probably make a weekend of it though and stay overnight in Portland because we spent a very long time in the car. I leave you with pictures of the house and one of their neighbor's property. Gorgeous.



No comments: