Wednesday, December 23, 2009

2 days away, really?


Boy in stripes

We headed to Ikea a couple of days ago to pick up a couple of things for Jonah. I could spend hours in the showrooms just looking around. The highlight for Matt and Jonah was the food. Yesterday we went to the children's hospital to have Jonah's hearing checked. He did beautifully. Last night we took a drive through "Candy Cane Lane" to look at the decorations and lights. Today I plan to leave Jonah with Matt and do some shopping on my own because I still haven't bought anything for Matt.

I'm finding that the closer it gets to Christmas Eve and day the harder it is for me to think about what we're missing at home. It will be the first time in our entire lives that we won't be spending Christmas Eve at our grandparents. It is another casualty of the career choice. We'll be doing our Christmas food, festivities, and fun tomorrow because we won't see Matt on Christmas day. Hopefully Jonah enjoys opening gifts and I'll have some good pictures to post.

Delicious Swedish meatballs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, Before Matthew went to bed, we put out a bucket of water and reindeer food in the front yard. He left Santa apple slices, carrots, and cheese with water. This year he's concerned about plaque in Santa's arteries after we went to the Explorium and saw an exhibit about the heart. He's asleep now, so we've put out the Santa gifts and filled the Christmas stockings. Matthew is sooo excited and can't wait to get up in the morning and see what Santa brought. I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you at Christmas. Enjoy every moment with Jonah; the time goes by so fast. I can't believe I have a six-year-old. Merry Christmas to you and Matt and Jonah. Love from Aunt Paula