Monday, January 25, 2010


At then end of the book little bear waves goodbye to grandma bear. For some reason they both looked up at me and waved.

We had the pleasure of seeing Krista whom I worked with at Carle for a while. Her husband was interviewing for an orthopedic surgery residency at UW and she spent the day hanging out with us. I'm not sure that I gave her a very good tour but it was so nice to see her and talk to her (even if she didn't bring little Grace with her).

I'm going to try to stay really busy and hope the next week and a half goes quickly because I have a job interview! I was starting to get nervous because I had applied and wasn't hearing back and couldn't get a hold of anyone. Apparently the manager was on vacation. I just wish I didn't have to wait so long for the interview. But this gives me time to shop for the perfect outfit.

The bruise on Jonah's cheek is from the rocking chair. He was walking behind it and tripped. His face landed on the wooden rocker which broke. I'm thankful it was his cheek and he was upset for about 30 seconds and then was fine. The rocker however had to be disassembled and moved to the basement.

Jonah had another speech therapy session today. It wasn't much different than the last except that Matt was home because he was post call. She pretty much tells us to continue doing what we already do. He has started some new noises but that has nothing to do with the speech therapy. He quacks like a duck, roars like a lion, and pants like a dog. What can I say, the kid likes animals. He is also picking up more sign language and pretty consistently asks for a drink (always using the milk sign but we're not picky) and now uses the "more" sign.

No comments: