Monday, March 1, 2010

Sick Day

I was checking my e-mail this morning while Jonah was eating breakfast and heard him cough. I looked over and saw that he had thrown up his breakfast all over himself and the table. That is the first time he has ever vomited. Even as a baby he barely spit up and it was just a little dribble when he did. I'm not going to lie, I considered covering it with a towel until Matt got home but he is on call and I don't think it would have been good to leave it until tomorrow. Not that it is any one's favorite thing but even as a nurse I don't do vomit well. I never perfected the breathing through the mouth thing. This post is a little disgusting.
He did have a fever so I gave him some medicine and now he is sleeping like a baby. He has been whiny but doesn't feel too bad because he played all morning. He was watching me unload the dishwasher and must of thought that I needed some help because I turned around and he was loading it with spoons.



He has a cup of spoons from his baby days that I keep in the cabinet for him to play with and they entertain him for a long time. He is starting to understand cooking and will put his play food in his pots and pans and stir it with a spoon. Most of the time they just get scattered across the floor though.



Oh, and I'm booking our plane tickets to Illinois today. We'll be home for Easter!

No comments: