Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our weekend

It is crazy that it is February and we did yard work this weekend. We have two pine trees in our backyard so there were many pinecones and little twigs that needed picked up. We also put the hose back outside since it most likely won't freeze again this year. Matt mowed the lawn too. I pulled weeds from the "flower bed" alongside the house where we planted bulbs in the fall. I was shocked to see that they're actually starting to come up. I think I counted six little plants poking through the soil already. I have no recollection of what we planted so it will be a surprise. I'm pretty sure there were some tulips but beyond that I don't know.

On Friday Matt met up with a friend from med school who was in town interviewing for a fellowship. Maybe it is because we know it won't be for a while but I can't even imagine being at that point. Although right now the plan is to stay here for fellowship, soon after we'll have to make big decisions about where to go next and what to do. But like I said, it is so far away that we can't even speculate.

No pictures because my camera battery died and I can't remember what I did with the charger. I did put Valentine's cards in the mail but not until yesterday so they'll be a little late. But I think it will be worth it. I'll try to get a picture of the big guy tomorrow but I work tonight and we don't have a babysitter tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll get done.

No comments: