Friday, June 3, 2011

Almost ready!

Jonah's first day of school is fast approaching and I've been trying to prepare, emotionally more than anything. One thing I wanted to cross off my list was making him a backpack. I made one a couple of weeks ago but since it was my first foray into piping I didn't use my precious whale fabric. After the first one turned out pretty well I decided to take what I learned and make another. I stayed up late last night making it and couldn't be more thrilled with the results. It was also my first time using the zipper foot. Jonah likes it too!


I know I should stay home and take a nap before work tonight but it is supposed to be nice today so we're heading to the park. The rest of the weekend is supposed to be even nicer so maybe I'll get some more outdoor time in between napping and work tomorrow.

1 comment:

George and Krista said...

Hey Kim!

Great job on the backpack..very cute! Love the whale fabric. Jonah has gotten so big! Hope you guys are doing well. Let me know if you ever are flying into Chicago to visit IL. We'd love to see you and don't live too far from Ohare.

Krista