Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big boy bed

First off, a preschool update. He still isn't napping and they may have referred to him as the energizer bunny. At least it wasn't the cranky energizer bunny. I was interested to see how he was doing with the other kids and they said he was doing wonderful. As soon as he saw me yesterday he said he didn't want to go home and I had to forcibly remove him from the cozy coupe. He came home with blue hair from painting although they said it was much worse before he played in the sprinkler.

Last night we converted his crib to a toddler bed. I removed all the toys from his room and only left stuffed animals and books. I had to remove a shelf too because I caught him climbing it last week and it wasn't very sturdy. We could hear him moving around in his room and yelling that he wanted out but thanks to this wonderful device I picked up yesterday he couldn't get out. It is removable too so we can bring it with us to Illinois in August. I went to check on him at 11:00 and found him asleep in front of the door. I picked him up and put him in his bed where he stayed all night. This morning I heard him trying to open the door so I jumped in the shower and when I got out found him in his room with no pants on. I found them in the closet where he had also knocked over a tub of clothes and pile of blankets trying to get to toys on the top shelf. He told me the garbage truck had woken him up because it was very loud. I just laid him down for a nap and within 15 minutes he fell asleep.

It was mostly cloudy and a little breezy here today but we were determined to get out of the house. We hit up a park with a walking trail so I did a little jogging and then Jonah played. The pictures uploaded out of order for some reason.




No comments: