Monday, June 6, 2011

First Day of Preschool

Jonah had a wonderful first day of school. We had been talking it up but he wouldn't really say anything or act interested until this morning he started talking about how they have a firetruck there. As soon as we walked in the door he took off to go find that firetruck. I didn't even get a kiss goodbye because he saw they were serving breakfast. He said adios as he ran away. When I went to pick him up he was too busy playing to come see me. The teachers all said he did great. They asked if we speak Spanish to him because he was picking it up quickly. He counted to two in Mandarin for me and at dinner he was counting in Spanish but I think he already knew how because of his talking maracas. I think he was too busy playing with all the toys today to interact much with the other kids although he keeps talking about a kid saying no. He didn't want to nap and just sat in the German teacher's lap talking to her. Today they talked about the beach and now I have a piece of paper with sea shells glued to it. The country they're studying this week is Portugal so they talked about the flag's colors. Another wonderful thing was that he didn't have any accidents. He doesn't usually when he is with me but I expected him to be too distracted by playing and everything so I sent two changes of clothes. Just another reminder that he really is becoming such a big boy. I'll leave you with some pictures from this morning. The only way I can get him to smile is to talk about guinea pigs, ladybugs, or tractors. The preschool takes pictures of the kids and posts them weekly so if there are any good ones of Jonah I'll see if I can post those. I just got back from my exercise class. It was much easier and I didn't feel like my legs were going to give out on me.





2 comments:

Heather said...

It amazes me how much Jonah and Torey are alike. I am soo proud of him! Taylor is on a kick right now of saying hi in every language she can learn!

grandma joan said...

What a big boy! He is so cute and so happy! Thank you for the pictures and posts. I love you.
Grandma Joan