Friday, August 5, 2011

Party recap

Jonah's birthday party went really well. The kids had a blast playing in the backyard. I don't know who loves the yard more, Matt and I or our friends. In addition to the swing set I brought out his slide from the playroom, some balls and had a tub of water with bathtub toys in it which was a big hit. Jonah had a good time handing out the party favors and gave hugs to everyone to thank them for his gifts. We brought out his cake and I was trying to explain how we sing happy birthday and then he blows out the candle but he went ahead and blew it out. We sang happy birthday and he just looked around at everyone amazed that we were all singing for him (he is still talking about it) and then he proceeded to try to put his face in the cake. I stopped him before more than the tip of his nose made it in. Today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. If I don't get called into work on Sunday night we're going to try to celebrate then. And this week also marks a year since we moved into our house and a year that I've been at my current job.
Three blonde boys with three brunette moms. The other little boy in utero will be sharing a birthday with Jonah as he is schedule for delivery the 18th!
It was a cookie monster themed party. It made decorating the cake easy.
This is the only appearance of cookie monster.
Unless you count this one. He wouldn't give me a real smile.
First family picture in a very long time. Matt made an appearance for the singing and cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures and they show how much Jonah has grown. He is quite the little man now. I also love the family picture. It means a lot to me to see all three of you together. Can not wait to see you It seems like so long. Would seem longer without your emails. Love Great Grandma Jiles