Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vacation Day 2 and a topic only a mother and RN would discuss

Back to the vacation recap:
The next day on our vacation was Jonah's actual birthday. We had plans to meet up with Heather and the girls but they both had strep throat so that was a no go. Instead we had lunch with mom and went to Chuck E Cheese. When we're home Matt likes to eat at all the places that we don't have around here. Steak and Shake is one of those places. Look how cute he looks in his little hat. Here is a little glimpse of how he's grown (minus his 2 year picture because it is still on my camera which I don't feel like going downstairs to get).

8-18-11

8-18-09

8-18-08

I didn't get any pictures at Chuck E Cheese but Jonah loved it and wore himself out. He was literally carried out kicking and screaming. I have no recollection of what we did after nap time though. I guess I should have been taking notes.


On a completely unrelated note, Jonah thinks potty humor is hilarious. This led to the frequent use of the word poop. That word is now a "naughty" word in our house and after getting soap on his tongue a few times Jonah has now stopped using it. Except of course when he is correcting other people when they say it. Mostly Matt but yesterday his doctor. He'll say "Don't say poop. That's naughty. Say BM". Matt and I started spelling it but with a toddler and two dogs its use is pretty frequent and Jonah quickly caught on. He spells it POPO.

I had my annual evaluation at work today and now I'm off to spray the lawn for weeds. Happy birthday to me!




1 comment:

Joan said...

Happy birthday Kim. I hope it was a good one! Love you