Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 3 Recap

On the third day of our trip we went to the party store for balloons and Sams for food for the party. That afternoon Matt's friend Braxton invited Jonah over to take a look at his tractors. He and his dad got the combine and tractor out and took Jonah for a spin. I could see him pointing trying to direct them.





After a little nap Laura, Abby and Izzy came over. I didn't take any pictures because I was too busy chatting. Jonah and Abby got along so well. We wish we could hang out with them on a weekly basis instead of biannually.

Last night I didn't want to cook dinner on my birthday so we were going to go out. Unfortunately Jonah didn't nap at preschool so that wasn't going to happen. Instead we stopped by the grocery store and the car cart made him happy long enough to grab some ready made stuff. I told Matt we can celebrate on Monday when he has the day off and Jonah doesn't have preschool.

Next year I'll be turning 30 so for the next 365 days I'm going to be working on my "30 before 30" list. It is a list of things I would like to do or accomplish before I turn 30. Normally people share the list which is probably good for accountability. I'm not going to but I will share when I cross things off the list.

Jonah had a dentist appointment this morning. He did great. They were surprised that at his age he let them clean his teeth but he did 6 months ago too. They just moved to a new office and it is super fancy with tvs on the ceiling with kids movies. I wish my dentist had that! After the dentist we went to the park to play. It was such a gorgeous day and I was hoping to get some pictures of Jonah but he refuses to hold still or even face the camera. These are the only two I was able to get.




Now he's napping and when he wakes up we're headed back to the doctor because he has been complaining about pain with urination. I feel silly that we were just there but he didn't say anything until the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was hoping to be able to email you on your birthday but no such luck. It is on now so I will hurry and say happy birthday . It is hot here again today. Katie Anderson Bumgardner had a little girl last week I will try to send pictures they named her Emmalen Louise and are going to call her Emmylu. Love pictures and it seems he has grown since you were here. Great Grandma Louise