Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We've had an eventful week and a half. First the good news! I took and passed my high risk neonatal certification exam. What does it mean? It just means that I now have a piece of paper that shows I have knowledge it that area. There are two good things about. If I was looking for a job it would look very good on my resume. It also means a pay raise. It was one thing on my 30 before 30 list.

The bad news, I don't get to take advantage of the extra pay because my doctor said no more work for me. I started having contractions intermittently two weekends ago. After a night of work they wouldn't stop. I earned myself a few days of bed rest, medication and no more work. Thankfully I'm taking a couple of medications that have helped and I'm no longer on bed rest. The medication makes me feel pretty bad sometimes but as long as it keeps doing it's job I'll deal with the side effects. I'm learning my limits of what and how much I can do. Making dinner, doing dishes and giving Jonah a bath last night was too much and I paid for it the rest of the night. I'll be so happy to have Matt off nights so I have some help in the evenings. We're definitely counting down the days until these babies can arrive safely. 126 days until they could bypass the NICU for age alone but our first goal is viability in 49 days. Doesn't seem so far away!

I made blueberry cobbler last night. I think Jonah likes it.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kim: I'm thinking about you and praying everything goes well. I hope you start feeling better soon. I love that second picture of Jonah, he has such a cute lil pose!!