Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I was able to cross another item off my 30 before 30 list last week. Or was it the week before? I don't remember anymore. First of all, my list is really lame and many things are not life goals but things I just need to get done. So Jonah and I made a trip to the social security office and officially changed my name. It did take me almost six years but it is finally done. Jonah was confused by the whole thing and thought that me changing my name meant he now had my maiden name. My drivers license and nursing license were changed right away but I never got around to officially changing it. Another thing on my list, renew my passport. I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail now. It wasn't on my list but I also got a Washington drivers license because my Illinois license was expiring at the end of August and I figured I might be a little busy at that point. Oh, and I did our taxes too. I was on a roll. The blog header needs updated as that picture of Jonah is a year old now but it's hard for me to sit at the computer for very long. It'll have to be a slow process.

Jonah is at preschool today. It means my day was very relaxing but also lonely. This morning as we were leaving he told the dogs not let any bad guys, mouses, tornadoes or monsters in the house. He talks about tornadoes a lot. Also basements. He thinks they're pretty cool. He likes to run through scenarios about what we would do if a tornado was coming. Or rather he talks about being at Grandpa's house and going in the basement. The other day he asked me to draw him a picture of the house and the tornado and us going into the basement.

No comments: