Wednesday, August 1, 2012

They have arrived!

The c section went much better than last time around. Unfortunately the boys are both working hard to breath and in the NICU. They're on CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) which provides pressure but they're doing all the breathing on their own. On the way to my room from recovery they wheeled my bed by NICU and I was able to see them briefly. I haven't seen their full faces yet but I was shocked at how much they didn't look like Jonah. They have their own little looks. So, these are not the first pictures I was hoping to post but this is what we have. I hope I'm able to get in a wheelchair tonight and see them again.



Baby A is Elliott Michael. He was 4 lbs 15 oz and it looks like he has long, dark hair. He came out screaming and you can tell he has some attitude. He is doing a little bit better job breathing than his brother and was looking all around when we visited.




Baby B is Simon Patrick. He was 5 lbs 3 oz and has been on the quieter side. He is breathing pretty hard and grunting even on CPAP. He looks more similar to Jonah than Elliott.




6 comments:

Grandma Joan said...

They are so cute! Thank you for the pictures. I am thinking of you all and praying for your quick recovery and the boys
I can not wait to hold these little guys! Rest Kim, I am so proud of you. I love you all so much! Wish I was with you guys. Hug my Jonah too.

Megan Plunk said...

I LOVE the names!!! The boys are absolutely perfect! Simon looks so much like baby Jonah. Elliot has great hair! Can't wait to meet both of the boys!!

Mrs. DeBord said...

Love the names. Also thrilled that they are each over 5 lbs. Nice, big strong boys. Good work! Rest well

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. They are beautiful. I cannot wait
to hold them. I hope you are doing alright rest while you can. Kisses to all of you love you. Mom

The Bowgren Family said...

They are perfect!! So very cute. I too can't wait to get my hands on them, although I suppose grandmas take priority ;) can't wait to hug you too Kim, it feels like forever!! Get some rest, if possible and know we are all praying for you guys. Love you.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that they are here. Not biased a bit but they are beautiful. Greaat Grandpa Claude must be really struting around He loved you all so much and was truly proud of you all. thank you again for the phone call I know Jonah will be so proud to have two little brothers. I have you all on my prayer list and will continue to do so. Love Great Grandma Louise