Saturday, February 2, 2013

6 months!


The boys turned 6 months old on Friday. I can't believe they're halfway to their first birthday. It has gone by so fast. I don't know weights or anything but they'll go to the doctor next week. In the picture above you can really see the height difference in the boys when they're sitting up. I had some helpers to get them to smile but Elliott was looking at Jonah and Simon was looking at Matt.


Simon
At 6 months he consistently sleeps for a 9 hours stretch at night and most nights we can put him down to sleep and he won't fuss. He turned from his back to his stomach this week and is now a pro. He spends most of his playtime on his stomach now and has been moving around the living room by rolling. Its time to think about containing them! He wasn't the biggest fan of food at first and will still make a face with the first bite but then he gets into it and eats well. So far they've had broccoli, peas, avocado, green beans and sweet potatoes. He has become distracted while nursing. If he hears Jonah's voice he'll turn his head without letting go. I don't remember Jonah doing that until he was closer to a year. I think out of the three he is the easiest baby. He is laid back and in the past month has become more smiley and vocal. He makes a lot of growling noises (you can hear them on the video I posted). His eczema has stayed somewhat under control with the use of steroid cream (which we need another prescription for after Caleb ate it last week, he also ate a tub of diaper cream, a tube of aquaphor, Matt's socks and the dog toothpaste). He has a spot on his arm which just won't heal but probably because he rubs it. When I'm changing his clothes I have to make sure to have something soft under that arm because he'll immediately start rubbing it on the carpet.


Elliott
I would like to say we've made some progress on the sleep front with Elliott but I don't want to jinx anything. The last three nights he has stayed asleep when I put him down which is progress. It is still 1 am at earliest but he has also not been waking up as frequently at night. He'll usually wake up around 5 or 6 and then I wake him up around 8 if we're taking Jonah to preschool or 9 if we're staying home. Then he plays until 12 or 1, nurses and goes down for a nap. Of course leaving the house and doing anything throws off the schedule because they do sleep in their car seats and then want to be awake the rest of the day. Elliott spends much of his playtime in the chair because he likes to play with the toys on it. He loves to eat but refuses to feed himself. I know he has the dexterity from watching him play with toys but as soon as I try to give him food he screams until I put it in his mouth or he'll grab my hand and pull it to his mouth. He has liked everything so far and gets impatient if you don't feed him fast enough. I have a funny video of him eating I need to post. His babble tends to be quieter than Simon's and more like high pitched squealing. He still doesn't like to have a wet or dirty diaper and screams until he's changed. Out of the three boys he has been the most challenging baby but is also quick to smile and charming.


Look who else jumped in the chair! Since the boys are 6 months that means Jonah is 4 1/2 years old this month. He's wearing his pajamas with a vest. Matt let me sleep in this morning and I came downstairs to find them playing Mythbusters. Jonah was wearing the vest but also had on sunglasses, an oxygen mask, and a stocking cap. They were placing dynamite (legos) in the hallway and running away shouting "Fire in the hole!" and getting very upset if Caleb got near the dynamite. I'm sure all three boys are going to have a lot of fun playing together as they grow up.

No comments: