Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Catch Up

I'm so thankful to be able to be the primary caregiver to my children but working weekends is getting old. Matt and I literally have one weekend together every couple of months. We're at the halfway point for Matt's month of nights. I think we're all going a little crazy. The boys and I have developed a little routine. We have dinner with Matt and try to go on a walk or outside to play. Matt leaves for work and I get the boys ready for bed and in bed while Jonah plays and then we get him ready for bed and read some Harry Potter. I can't tell you how much I love when they are all in bed and I can eat a cookie without hiding in the bathroom (just kidding, its usually the pantry). Here are a few pictures to catch you up.

I was going to take a picture of the boys wearing Jonah's old pajamas when Jonah insisted on being in the picture. I don't know how children's photographers do it. One child is hard enough and the difficulty increases tremendously with subsequent children.


We had a baby shower for Charlene at the house on Monday. She loves owls and is having a little girl so naturally it was a girly owl party. These cupcakes turned out so cute and the kids appreciated that they got to eat a cupcake, cookie and M&Ms.

Eating outside=less mess

I can crop my kids out. Elliott slept through the entire party.

Naps make him a happy boy. Too bad most days he fights it. Check out those teeth and the sideburns too!

Jonah is very into making "potions" so I quickly googled something and found a recipe for a "glitter explosion". The reaction wasn't that great but the glitter explosion happened when Jonah was playing with it while I was feeding the boys. I need to get him a little science kit or something so he stops taking my tupperware and mixing milk and water in it. 

I'm going to be finding red glitter all over my house for days.
This is the 6th baby shower we've had since living in Seattle. I'm so glad to have found friends who are in the same season of life. This will be their last baby and I'm so happy they're having a little girl after two boys. I loved buying girly presents and the little owl diaper cake was so much fun.
I know it is a horrible picture but that is from swim lessons today. Jonah is the second kid from the left. Swim lessons have been going really well. I'm so proud of him and how he's progressing each lesson. The teacher is wonderful and Jonah really has a great time. As we're leaving we always walk past the baby swim class and I wish I could take the boys. Matt and I were talking about it tonight and Jonah said I should just take one of the babies and leave the other one at home.

No comments: